Jump to navigation Jump to search
NP3's original research questions (RQs) were:
- What are the digital practices that pupils bring to their learning in school?
- Across subject domains what do teachers’ intended and enacted pedagogic practices indicate about their awareness of and the value accorded to pupils’ digital competencies, and how do pupils’ experience these pedagogic practices?
- What institutional circumstances and practices enable or undermine how pupils’ digital competencies and practices are recognised (RQ1) and integrated into teachers’ practice (RQ2)?
- What are the consequences of the answers to RQs 1-3 for learning in terms of social justice, and across and within subject domains?
- How does the research inform how to represent and model a participative pedagogy of mutuality (Bruner, 1996; Wenger, 1998; Alexander, 2000; Murphy & Wolfenden, 2013) and engage teachers with that pedagogy? This will be addressed through the meta-analysis of data across studies.
An additional question was added about the impact that ICT was having on what and how the children were taught in schools.