PeterT 09:45, 26 September 2012 (BST)
Welcome to Edfutures.net
Initial meet 26/09 initial thoughts
Sjgknight 13:23, 26 September 2012 (BST)
paradata extended mind search/IR https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KdxyaC9_7T5zXYhij2CK3s5EyRT-Sq3NbbaWrwSCXzk/edit#heading=h.2k6fsm942bqy Philosophy of education
- PeterT 17:29, 26 September 2012 (BST) At the moment stuff to do with approaches to education/educational thinkers/education systems in different countries all sit in the Schome wiki - see links from bottom right of Mainpage of EdFutures.net - Philosophy of education probably links best with Education thinkers sections.
IWB - chapter written; links to cam IWB project/t-media
- PeterT 17:29, 26 September 2012 (BST) Could have a section on IWBs, though they tend to reinforce traditional pedagogy rather than bringing about pedagogical change (moving to more socially situated views of learning). EdFutures.net should be focussing on things that will help bring about enhancements in pedagogy.
OER - Open standards, open data, open resources, open software; impact in education...
- PeterT 17:29, 26 September 2012 (BST) I'm an OER skeptic, but it is an area I had intended to develop some info in the wiki - I have a set of PowerPoint slides that I used for a keynote on OERs in education back in July which I have been meaning to do something with - and clearly it would be good to have multiple voices/perspectives on this - again with a mix of the strategic and practical information/advice.
Digital Divide - what is it (not just about access)? Why does it matter
- PeterT 17:29, 26 September 2012 (BST) Another important area that we will need to address when thinking about BYOD and BYOT.
Do you want to pull in resources from other places (e.g. the BECTA report)
- PeterT 17:29, 26 September 2012 (BST) I'm not into duplicating info that is elsewhere - would rather provide (critical) summaries and links to the sources. But clearly the game here is drawing on sources of evidence and most of those currently are in other places.
Option for course involvement/credit(?)
- PeterT 17:29, 26 September 2012 (BST) Not sure what you have in mind here?
http://edfutures.net/index.php?title=Special:Version - semantic mediawiki install? What sorts of article - activities, policy, articles/lit review, videos...
- PeterT 17:29, 26 September 2012 (BST) Don't understand this one either - semantic mediawiki install? If you are a mediawiki whizz then there are back end things that do need doing and I'm always up for finding new and better ways of doing things!
Tagging and relationships...