Walsh (2012b) 5 Reasons Why BYOD is a Bad Idea. Blog Post. http://www.emergingedtech.com/2012/07/5-reasons-why-byod-is-a-bad-idea/ (accessed 20-Aug-2012)
1. Inequity. Different technologies can lead to inconsistent experiences and challenges for each learner.
2. Technical support. Lots of different potential issues could severely disrupt lessons.
3. Distraction. Devices will contain pupils own games, social networks etc that may prove more attractive than lessons
4. Web filtering. Adds to the complexity of an already difficult problem.
5. Jealousy. Less fortunate kids feeling they have to keep up with the Joneses.