Nielsen (2011) 7 Myths About BYOD Debunked. THE Journal. http://thejournal.com/articles/2011/11/09/7-byod-myths.aspx (accessed 20-Aug-2012)
The myths are:
1. Myth: BYOD deepens the digital divide.
Response: Gives greater access to school machines for those without.
2. Myth: Lessons are geared toward the weakest device.
Response: If teachers and students discuss cpability of tech, creative solutions can be found.
3. Myth: BYOD distracts learners.
Response: Having the right strategies can extend learning beyond the school day.
4. Myth: Teachers need to become experts in all kinds of tech.
Respose: The kids are the tech experts, so can free teachers to focus on content.
5. Myth: Students will engage in dangerous activities.
Response: Schools need to work with students on responsible use.
6. Myth: We shouldn't waste our time with low-powered tech.
Response: These devices (phones) give access to those without high powered access at home.
7. Myth: Leads to standardisation of software and access devices.
Response: Explain learning goals and challenge students with ways to meet them.