FoS Provocation 1
The Future of Schooling | 2.1 Shift Happens
FoS Home | Previous Page |
This first provocation - Shift happens - is one of the first that became popular - and it probably represents a mainstream neoliberal view. It is old - data from 2006 - and is not specifically focussed on what schooling should be like, but clearly has implications for schooling.
There are lots of updated versions of Shift happens - maybe even some with data from your country ...
Remember to make some notes about answers to the questions below:
- What impact did it have on you and why? This might include thinking about:
- What assumptions are being made?
- What evidence is being presented?
- What alternative perspectives might other people have?
- How credible is the argument?
- What are the implications for your practice?